CELEBRATE 120 YEARS OF SYC

CELEBRATE 120 YEARS OF SYC

Join us to help celebrate history, community spirit and 120 years of life on the River!

“It is generally agreed that the Swan Yacht Club was founded around 1903, but we have no documentation of these early years. The inaugural meeting was held at the Plympton Hotel on August 3, 1904, attended by three gentlemen and His Excellency. Admiral Sir Fredrick Bedford (then Governor of WA) was asked to become Patron of the club (he accepted).

At the inaugural meeting, the Club was to be called the Richmond Yacht Club, but for obscurer technical reasons, it was named The Swan Yacht Club.

Scroll to Top